Continuum Economics offers challenging and unmatched career opportunities in areas of economic analysis, sales, editorial, development, marketing, and product management.
Additionally, we also administer a strong internship program for students of Economics, Business, and International Affairs. We pride ourselves on offering all of our employees opportunities for personal and professional growth through a robust benefits plan, an atmosphere of intellectualism, and a strong sense of teamwork. We endeavor to hire, develop and retain the very best people in business today. We invite you to explore an exciting and rewarding career at Continuum Economics.
We are grateful for your interest in working for Continuum Economics. Please be aware that due to the overwhelming number of applications received, we can only respond only to those applicants whom we wish to interview.
Salary: Commensurate with experience (£40k + bonus)
Job type: Permanent and Full-time
Location: South West London (SW7)
We are building and maintaining an innovative new financial markets research platform and are looking for engineers to grow our development team based in London!
The company provides financial analysis to some of the world's largest financial institutions and hedge funds - covering foreign exchange, equities, commodities, fixed income markets and more.
What we build…
A client facing platform that distributes financial analysis through our website (continuumeconomics.com built with Laravel+Vue.js), Email (SendGrid, Pardot), REST APIs, and content feeds to various partners. Internal tools including custom CMS (Laravel+Vue.js), subscription management tools & more.
Required skills and experience
- Working as a key member of the product development team
- Building products following agile values and principles & iterative development practices
- Working across the full product lifecycle, from idea creation & design through to deployment and beyond, comfortable working with designers, project managers, and other business stakeholders
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes
- Further developing our internal tooling: CMS, Analytics, Salesforce, Mobile App
- Kind, positive, respectful, a team player ready to contribute
Preferred, But Not Essential:
- Proven person of action & delivery focus
- Results oriented
- 3+ years of web development experience using PHP
- Strong OO design patterns and understanding of MVC
- Excellent working knowledge of modern PHP 7.x development
- Experience working with Laravel, ORM (Eloquent), migrations, databases such as MySQL & PostgreSQL, Vue js
- Comfortable working with Html / Scss
- Understanding of unit testing and test driven development
- Experience working with Version Control (Git)
- Right to work in the UK
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience building REST APIs, RSS Feed or XML feeds is a plus
- Experience with Laravel passport is a plus but not required
- Experience with Vue native or/and Electron.js are a plus but not required
- Experience with, or interest in, financial markets, economics and statistics is a plus
Qualified candidates, who are eligible to work in the UK, should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject ‘‘Full Stack Developer - London’’.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we can only respond to those applicants whom we wish to interview.